Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Weekend

Last week I noticed that the casement (the trim) around the bathroom window looked like it was starting to rot. Well it was rotting so it needed to be replaced. I took the rotting casement off and found the wood underneath also was rotting and the Sheetrock was all wet. I cut out the wet Sheetrock and chiseled out the rotten wood back to good wood. Next I cut pieces of wood to replace the Sheetrock and what I had chiseled out and filled in with wood putty. I had bought new casement but what I bought was thicker then what was already there so I went back to Lowe's to see if I could find one that matched. I bought something better, composite baseboard trim. I cut the new trim to match the size of the window and after installing it filled in the nail holes and any gaps with wood putty. After giving it two coats of paint and running some silicon around the inside edge it turned out perfect. In using the composite instead of wood it should never rot.

While I watched the NY Giants beat up the Seattle Seahawks, Barbara and I decorated the Halloween house we had bought to use as a decoration for our Halloween party in 2 weeks. We think it turned out really nice. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment