Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving and Christmas


It has been awhile since I have updated this so I will do my best to bring it up to date.
Our Thanksgiving was just Barbara, our son Ray, Barbara’s cousin Louise and I so we decided instead of making a big dinner for just four people we made dinner reservations at The Captain’s Inn in Forked River. The dinner was a buffet with plenty of food and choices. Sorry but I forgot to bring the camera so no pictures.
After Thanksgiving Barbara and I put the fall decorations away and started putting Christmas up. After I emptied the attic (not really but at least 80% of the stuff in the attic is Christmas). We wanted to do more decorating in the kitchen seeing as we spend most of our time in here. I bought some lights that where on sale and put them up behind the sheer valances. We also put lit garland above the cabinets wrapped with silver ribbon. We bought snowflakes made out of wood at a local craft store. We tried to put the snowflakes on the cabinet doors with sticky putty but they kept falling down so we used metallic ribbon to put them up.
Out front I put the animated deer on the lawn along with our angel. On the porch we have Mr. and Mrs. Clause along with some lit packages. The packages are cardboard boxes with part of the top and front cut out. Then I put a string of lights inside the box and wrapped them with translucent wrapping paper.



The living room got it's usual update to Christmas. All the knickknacks are put away and the shelves are all decorated with Christmas. The 4 foot tree was put up and decorated. To see all the pictures of the living room see the album at http://picasaweb.google.com/raygo1975/Christmas2008#.
Today Barbara and I decorated our gingerbread house.Tomorrow Barbara is having a Gingerbread decorating party for the ladies on our street. I will stick around and take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment