Saturday, August 1, 2009

Grounds for Sculpture

Barbara and I had planned on going to Philadelphia to the art museum on the Bank of America, Museums on Us program. In short if you have a Bank of America credit card you can get into hundreds of museums all over the country for free on the first weekend of the month. Just do a search on Museums on Us to get all the details. Instead we went to the Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ (http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/) and got in for free there instead. We had gotten a little of a late start so we got there around 11 AM and as I was parking the car Barbara saw a peahen with two little chicks in the grass by one of the sculptures. So I got out my camera and got as close as I could and took some pictures. Then after getting a map at the visitor center we went to lunch at the Peacock Café. We had a lovely lunch sitting among the sculptures. After lunch we walked around you can not go more then a few yards without seeing a new sculpture. You also have to look in among the trees and bushes; you never know where they have hidden some of the sculptures. If you look carefully at some of my pictures you might see things, or a person, that do not belong. Have fun looking at the pictures, we had fun walking around for the afternoon (and I always love to take pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment