Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One week until Christmas.

Since Barbara and I got home on December 6th we have been busy little bees. The first week was full of putting up Christmas. Lucky for me the weather was nice that first Monday and Tuesday and I got all the outside decorations up and got the rest of Christmas down from the attic. By Friday evening Christmas was up and all the empty boxes were back in the attic, just goes to show you what you can get done if you are motivated. Last Saturday we got a plan grave blanket and decorated it ourselves and brought it over to Barbara's Mom and Dad's grave, they are both in the veterans cemetery about 25 minutes from here. My Uncle John is there also so we stopped and paid our respects to him also. We had Louise over for dinner on Sunday and had a very nice time. The rest of the week has been spent in getting ready for Barbara's gingerbread house party. Tuesday we expanded the table (put all 5 leaves in) and she put all the houses together. I had to run out to Lowe's and buy a piece of 4'x2' lauan to be used for the bases of the ginger bread houses. I cut the 2x4 piece down to four 12”x15” pieces which works real well for the bases (this year we will ask the ladies to save the bases so we can use them again next year). Today Barbara and I spent the afternoon decorating our gingerbread house, we even added a sleigh riding hill made out of a piece of brownie. Well that is all for now the rest of this week and next are going to be just as busy, maybe busier, so I may not get to update this as often as I should but I will do my best.