Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bad News, Good News

The bad news is that the roof still leaks. The good news is I called a roof contractor and he told me what to do to fix it. First step is to power wash the roof, Curtis let me borrow his power washer again (I used it last month to wash the trailer) and the gentleman in spot 16 Billy III let me borrow his ladder for a few days so I am all set. See the before and after pictures of the roof.

Then I have to go to the roofing supply store in Melbourne and buy what is called Peel & Stick and a few tubes of a caulking called Quad (this has to be done Monday as the roof supply store does not have weekend hours). Next I need to wipe down the area that is going to be covered with the Peel and Stick with mineral spirits (that should be fun). Then cut the Peel and Stick into 12 inch wide strips (it comes on a 36 inch wide roll) and run it down the seam between the trailer and porch. He also recommends I run a 6 inch wide strip down the seams between the porch roof panels. Next I have run a bead of Quad down the sides of the P&S. and when that is all done the roof on the trailer gets two coats of Elastomeric Coating.