Saturday, August 14, 2010

Longwood Gardens

After our rest back at the hotel we went to Longwood Garden for dinner a concert and the lighted water fountain display. Our first stop was of course the garden walk and then around to the large pond and the Italian Water Garden. On the way to dinner I got to see something not every one get to see, the parade of the electric carts. After dinner we went to the Roger Day Concert. He sings such memorable songs as Mosquito Burrito, Dream Big and (My favorite) It’s a No No To Kiss a Rino. This guy is full of energy, I set my camera to continuous and took several seconds of him and you can see he was hard to keep in the center of the frame. We only sat for three songs but all the kids there were enjoying him. After leaving the concert we went into the conservatory and Barbara found a whole display about herbs and herb cooking. After that I went into the children’s inside garden and just wondered around and took some pictures. After that we just needed to kill some time until the light show started. We wondered around the different areas of the conservatory starting with the water lily ponds into the the Mediterranean Garden and into the (my favorite) Orchid room. Then we went out and found a place to sit and waited for the show to start. The Fountain show was set to music from Science Fiction Movies. It started with Also Sprach Zarathustra from 2001 a Space Odyssey. It also had music from ET, Star Trek and ended with Star Wars. The pictures I took do not do it justice as I had to play with the settings to find the correct shutter speed. Here are some of the pictures I took for your enjoyment.