Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Project

Well after getting back to the trailer we decided to go and look into getting a new stove. We went to two local appliance stores and bought one from the local Maytag dealer. They need to go get it from their Orlando storehouse so we do not know when they will deliver (the sales man/manager said he would have it by Friday). Well the new stove has electronic ignition so it needs electric to plug into so I have been working on that. I went to Lowe’s and bought three different circuit breakers hoping one would be the correct one, no such luck. I took pictures of the circuit breakers and went back to Lowe’s to see if I could find one. After showing the picture to the sales associate he told me the company that made that breaker has been out of business for about thirty years, just what i needed to hear. He told me I might find it at one of the local electric supply stores in Vero Beach. So I went to three different electric supply stores with out finding the correct breaker. One of the electric supply stores said I could try Amazon.com, so I decided to try that. When I got home I went online to Amazon put in the name of the breaker I need and bingo there it was. I ordered it and it should get here tomorrow (paid extra for two day delivery). In the mean time I got the old stove out of the way and found that the wall behind the stove was in bad shape due to the heat from the stove. So I cut out the bad spot and I have been working on yet another repair. Well I should get the new breaker tomorrow and be able to finish this project before the stove is delivered.

Also we bought a used refrigerator that will be better then the one we have now (also it will be white to match the stove) which will be delivered with the stove.

On a positive note the weather is warming up here in Florida. Also I will be going sailing with Barbara’s cousin Ed on his sail boat (it is 30+ feet), I have been reading up on my sailing but I am sure it will come back to me once I am onboard. I can’t hardly wait for Friday.