Monday, September 27, 2010

Painting the Bedroom

Well since we got new bedding for the bed the walls need to be painted and while I am at it with all the hard furniture out of the room I am going to put down a new floor. First step is to fix all the holes in the wall from nails holes and other holes from a shelf and mirror. I also fixed all the sheetrock nails that were popping out, you know it makes little bumps were the nails that hold the sheetrock to the studs start to work there way out, there were a quite a few of those. Well with painting the walls and trim and doors and then putting down a new floor I am in for about 2 weeks of work. Today with Barbara’s help we got the dresser and the other two cabinets out of the room (they are in the living room for now). After that I exposed the nail heads that were popping out and set them into the wall with a nail set and hammer and then went around the room and spackled all the holes. Then it was time to go to art class. Tomorrow I hope to get the rug up and put a second coat of spackle on any of the holes that need it. Here are some pictures of the room after the furniture was moved out.