Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 15: Mardi Gras 2009-2-22

Had a good nights sleep and woke around 6:30. Barbara fixed me a good breakfast of sausage patties and French toast, it was yummy. I went for a bike ride around the park I went around the park 3 times for a total of 11.75 miles. Around 10 am we put on our bathing suits and went for a swim. The water was the same temperature as the air (having a heated pool is wonderful). I did 18 laps of the pool in just under 10 minutes, getting better.
Today is Mardi Gras in Whispering Palms so at 1:30 there was a parade through the park. People decorated their golf carts, bicycles (2 and 3 wheels) even one electric cart. After the parade there was a desert party in the main hall. After I took the pictures I printed out about a dozen and brought them down to show. They give out prizes for three different categories, Golf Cart, Bicycle and Marcher (I think that was it). It was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment