Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 14: McKee Botanical Garden 2009-02-21

I had a hard time sleeping last night, maybe I was more worried about buying the trailer then I thought I was (I think it was too much caffeine), and after getting up late Barbara and I packed a lunch and headed to McKee Botanical Garden ( http://www.mckeegarden.org/ ). We where pleasantly surprised to find out they where having the Frabel’s Reflection of Glass on Water exhibit. Hans Godo Frabel (http://mckeegarden.org/frabel/abouttheartist.htm ) is an artist who works in glass. He takes his inspiration from nature and it is just fabulous, see picture album. Some of the pictures do not show the detail. I am going to work on them to see if I can improve the detail, if I do I will repost those pictures.
After we left the garden we drove out to SR A1A to go look at the ocean. I walked out onto the beach and took some pictures while Barbara sat in the car, she was tired.
Then we went to Wal-Mart to get some things like milk and such. We bought some steaks that I cooked on the small charcoal grill I bought when we got here. They where delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment