Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bedroom Floor Continues

Well I did not start working on the floor until after lunch but I got a lot done this afternoon. The trickiest part was the cuts I had to make to get around the closet door opening. This house is not like your normal house with wood frames for the doors, our frames and the built in molding are metal. Normally when you are installing a wood floor (or laminate) and you come to a door frame you under cut the door frame with a special saw and slide the wood floor under it so you do not have to be very precise. In my case I had to cut out the floor to fit around the door frame. I got a very tight fit and am very pleased with the results. Enough of me complaining here are some pictures of what I got done today. Just four more rows to go by my calculations (and I think I will have 2 unopened boxes that I can return to CostCo).