Friday, October 8, 2010

Bedroom Project Winding Down

Just a quick update on the bedroom project. I took yesterday off (I’m retired and I am allowed to). Today I got the rest of the baseboard sanded and got two coats of paint on all of the pieces. I also put together our picture project that will hang over the bed. We got 4 collage frames from the Christmas Tree Shop that have places for 3 pictures in each. I then took one of my photographs from Longwood Gardens that has red flowers in it and with the magic of Photo Shop Elements I cut it into 12 individual photos. I then sent the 12 photos to CostCo to get printed (cost less then $2.00) and then put them into the frames. I will be putting the baseboard back up tomorrow and patching the nail holes. After that has had a chance to dry I will touch up those spots with a little paint and then move the furniture back in. So it looks like the room should be back together by Sunday afternoon. Sorry no pictures today (did not think a picture of baseboard drying in the garage would interest anyone).

One side note I had to wash the glass from the frames in the kitchen sink, needed to soak them in hot water to get the price tags off, and I cut my fingers up on the edges of the glass when I was drying them. Barbara took real good care of me and bandaged all my little cuts.