Friday, October 30, 2009

The Kitchen is Done

From a sow's ear to a silk purse, well maybe a denim backpack.
As of Wednesday we have been in our trailer for one week. In that time we have done alot to the place and have more to do. We have als met some of our neighbors as they continue to arrive. Wednesday Barbara went with one of our new neighbors over to another community to play Mahjong. She had a good time and I got some alone time.
Thursday I started to hang the cabinet doors back up and then Barbara and I went out to do some reverse shopping and look for curtains for the bedroom. We are lookig for some cafe' curtains and can not find any. We will have to find a curtain store in the area or wait until we go back to NJ and go to the curtain store in Toms River. We had dinner out at Ruby Tuesday's and when we got home we went for a moonlight swim, the sun had set and the moon was out so it counts.
The kitchen is done. I hung the rest of the cabinet doors back up today and painted the rest of the kitchen ceiling. Then after vacuuming and washing the kitchen floor I started laying the new self stick tiles. It took all afternoon but I think you will agree it was worth every minute. You might notice that the tile is not the same blue ones I put in the bottem of the one cabinet, seeing as we went with the chocolate brown for the walls and trim on the cabinet doors we could not use the blue tiles. Such is life.
Tomorrow we think we are taking the day off and go to the beach. If we do I will take the camera and take some pictures.