Saturday, October 31, 2009

By the Ocean

Today I took the day off from work, sort of. After Breakfast we went for a swim in the pool. After that we packed ourselves a lunch and set out for the beach. We went to the rebuilt beach at Wabasa. Last February they were busy rebuilding the boardwalk access and sand dunes at this beach so we thought we see what it looked like. Well the beach access is very nice. I guess the Wabasa beach is favored by the local surfing crowd because there were at least 6 surfers in the water when we got there and more came while we sat and watched. We got into the water which was very warm but the waves where too strong and Barbara got knocked down and had to wait to get back up. After lunch we went back into the water and while Barbara was standing there she lost her balance in a wave and landed on her butt, I of course had to go get the camera. After I helped her up we went and sat down for a while before coming back to the trailer and washing a small beach down the drain between us.
After cleaning up our mess I decided to put my new gas grill together. It took longer then I thought it would but I got it together with no leftover parts or missing parts, it even worked.