Monday, October 26, 2009

Turn on the AC

Today we awoke to a humid morning, so the AC was turned on and has not been turned off all day. While Barbara went to get her hair cut and do a large shopping order I got busy painting. I got a second coat on the cabinets over the stove and one coat on the cabinet over the sink and a coat inside the very deep cabinet over the refrigerator. I will continue painting tomorrow and hopefully finish all the upper cabinets and start on the lower ones. After Barbara got home with her new hairdo (I like it) and the groceries I cleaned up while she made lunch. After lunch we had some reverse shopping and shopping to do. While we were at Lowe’s we wanted to get something to put on the walls in the kitchen over the counter. First we thought about putting self stick floor tiles but could not find anything we liked. The ones that we thought might be good would show the seams and Barbara really did not want to see the seams. Then we went over to the paint department and found paintable wallpaper. We got a roll with stucco like texture to it and a quart of paint in Creamy Chocolate and a gallon of Turning Taupe for the walls. I think it is going to look great, if not I just paint over it LOL. Seeing as we bought wall paper and all my wall papering tools are in New Jersey so I had to get new tools for this job down here. We are also going to use the paintable wall paper in the bathroom on the walls with the same Creamy Chocolate paint. For as small as this trailer is I think I will be painting until we leave to go home at the end of November.
Tonight Barbara cooked on the stove for the first time, she had me light the burner for her, if there are pilot lights I could not find out how to light them, so we just have to use a match. The pork with sauerkraut was delicious. After dinner we went for a sunset swim.