Friday, October 23, 2009

Sunny Day Number 1

Today we woke to a sunny day. By the time we got up, had breakfast and gotten dressed the temperature was already 80° F. Well we decided to make up a shopping list for Home Depot and go get supplies for some of the projects around the trailer. Some of the things we went off to find were paint, a new light for over the kitchen sink, light bulbs, and filter material for the air conditioner. After lunch out we returned to the trailer and while Barbara did some paper work I set out to do some chores. I replaced the florescent light over the sink with the new one. Then I cleaned the grill over the sink in the bathroom where the light is. After cleaning the a/c unit cover and replacing the filter material I put the cover back up. I then set out to take the bed out of the bedroom so I could put the air bed up in there. Well I got the bed and box spring out into the shed, I will put it out for the trash on Tuesday. Then I got the bed frame apart and out to the recycling bins. In doing this I uncovered a spot on the floor that is certainly rotted out under the rug and a spot on the wall that will need to be fixed. The rug is in good shape so I hesitate to pull it up to see what needs to be done to fix the floor; I am afraid that the rug is stapled down and not put in over trackless strips. That project will be for another time. Well I got the air bed blown up and put into place. We turned the bed 90 degrees and slid it into the bump out this gives a little more floor space for dancing, lol. Well I wore myself out and took a short nap. After supper we went for a swim, isn’t Florida in October wonderful? The temperature was still in the 80’s (F) and the water in the pool was around 82° F. More projects for tomorrow, I think I am going to start painting the kitchen cabinets in the sink area. We got a price for a new stove and it would be around $480.00 all total but Home Depot will not put it in so we will need to find someone that can do it (maybe I can, we will have to see what the rules are).