Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bedroom Project Day 1

Well today I was going to start painting the bedroom. I moved the bed out and deflated it, yes I have been using a blowup bed, then I had to remove the patch on the wall. What I found caused me to pull the rug up and see what was going on with the dip in the floor there. Well the floor had been patched once with MDF (medium density fiberboard) instead of plywood. That would not be so bad but there must have been another leak that was never looked at and fixed right away. I had to cut a bigger hole in the wall to get back to fiberglass insulation that had not gotten wet and good wood to build the new floor on. I still have some more wood that needs to be cut out from the wall but I will do that after putting the plywood down tomorrow. After tearing out all that I had to go buy wood and supplies for tomorrow at Home Depot. By that time it was time for my afternoon snack and a evening swim.
After our swim I cooked the steaks Barbara had bought earlier today along with some onions, red peppers and potato slices. It was delicious.