Monday, November 2, 2009

Bedroom Project Day 2

Well after getting a late start, had to pay the bills first, I got to work on fixing the floor. I cut and installed some 2x2's for support of the new plywood floor, I screwed them to the existing floor and the 2x2's that were still sound enough. I used ring nails and decking screws so they should not come out or rust. The next task was to cut out the rotten wood in the wall. It took me awhile but I got it out. Then it was time to cut the plywood for the floor. I stuffed new fiberglass insulation between the floor supports and then cut and fit the two pieces of plywood. I screwed the new floor down with 2" deck screws, it is not going anywhere.
After that I needed to get cleaned up before our afternoon swim so I headed to the bathroom for a shave and shower, that felt good.
That is all for now.