Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Monday before Thanksgiving

On Monday I measured and cut a piece of baseboard for the problem wall. Then I had to rip a piece of 1x2 wood in half without the use of my table saw. My first attempt using my jig saw and the fence that came with it did not work, the blade started to bend sideways I do not know why. Next I drove around the park trying to find someone that might have a table saw I could use for about 30 seconds, no luck. Next I took the circular saw that I had and set it's rip fence and after clamping the 1x2 next to another 1x2 I was able to rip it in half and made two 1x1's (all the wood workers will appreciate what I went through). Then I put two coats of paint on the base board and the 1x1 I had made to match the wall. On Tuesday Morning I nailed down the 1x1 with a little construction glue and then I nailed the base board on top of it, it looks very good. Then it was time to start getting ready for Turkey Day. First we changed the furniture on the porch. We put the dinning room table where the sofa and chairs were and the sofa and chairs were the table was, cleaning as we went. I also tried to get the oven to work. I got the piolet light lit but when we turned on the oven nothing happened. Barbara's brother George came over and tried to get the oven to light but was not successful. I think we will have to wait until after Turkey Day to get the oven working. Tomorrow will be a cooking day for Barbara and I will be doing what I can to help.