Friday, November 13, 2009

Sofa Move

Well since we got home on Tuesday I have been at it once again. I painted the bump out in the living room area. 2 coats of tan on the walls, 2 coats of chocolate on the window frames and blue with clouds for the ceiling (yes we did it in the living room also). On Thursday morning I moved the two recliners into the bump out behind the couch and we waited for Barbara's cousins and their respective spouses to arrive to help me move the couch out onto the porch. Barbara's cousin Marge and her husband Joe and Barbara's cousin Ed and his wife Pat arrived around 4:30 in the evening. After showing them around the place, that took all of 2 minutes, we tried to get the couch through the sliding glass door. It was soon apparent that it was just not going to go through the opening. We tried to take the sliding door part out but found out that we needed to remove the outer glass door first, the part that does not move. We removed the screws at the top and the bottom that we found but the door would not move. We then dug out the caulk but it still would not move, the top was lose but the bottom was still secure. Then Pat came to the rescue, she got down and found two screws on the inside that were holding the door in place, a big Woo Hoo to Pat. After removing those two screws the door came lose and after prying the bottom out (and landing on my fingers) the door was out of the way. After that it was easy to remove the sliding door and less then 5 minutes later the couch was on the porch. Then we just reversed the the process and the sliding door was back in place. Today I went to Home Depot to buy new screws to secure the outside door and a few other things for some other projects that have come up. When I got back I secured the door with the new screws and put new caulking along the bottom of the door. Then I glued the paneling that was buckling to get it ready for the paint able wall paper. Tomorrow I will be painting the ceiling (white) and putting the wall paper up. I am so sorry that I did not get any pictures of the adventure in moving a couch but I have not gotten to the store to get a new camera.