Sunday, November 15, 2009

Living room

On Saturday after breakfast I put a coat of white paint on the ceiling in the living room. Then I suggested to Barbara that we go for a swim then have lunch out and go look for a new camera. She had another suggestion, that we have lunch here and then she would take a shower and wash her hair and then we could go look for a camera and have dinner out. Well that sounded good to me so after lunch I put a second coat of white paint on the ceiling and I also got cleaned up, shaved and showered. Then we headed for Vero Beach where we went to Target, Walmart, Office Depot and Best Buy. I compared camera features and price and bought a Canon Power Shot SX120IS at Best Buy. Then we had dinner at Big Apple Pizza (Barbara had a coupon) we had an anti pasta and a medium pizza, it was very good.
Well today was wallpapering day. The one wall in the living room where the sliding glass door is, is in bad shape but I do not want to take all the paneling down and put up a new wall (at least not this year) so we are trying to cover it up as best we can. We had bought a roll of Paintable Wallcovering in a stucco pattern that we thought might cover the worst of the wall. Well the paper went up with just a few issues and it might actually have made the wall look worse, we will know better after I paint it tomorrow. some of the water stains have bleed through the paper and it has made some of the bubbles in the paneling look worse. I am hopeful that 2 coats of paint will be the solution (I really do not want to tear the wall down and have to rebuild it).
Seeing as I have a new camera I have pictures to post, see album on the left.