Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bedroom Project Day 3, 4 and 5

Day 3:
Barbara and I went to Home Depot in the morning and on the way stopped at a mattress store and bought a bed and scheduled it to be delivered on Friday Morning. We went to Home Depot to buy a quart of their no VOC paint in blue. Home Depot does not sell their no VOC in quarts only gallons so we just bought the small piece of paneling to use to fix the walls along with some silicone caulking and a tube of construction glue. Then after lunch I started on patching the walls. Had to cut some more wall supports out and then replace them. I only got the larger hole fixed before it was time to go for a refreshing swim and dinner.
Day 4:
Got a nice early start and finished patching the walls. Then put new base molding up. After that I nailed down new tack strip for the carpet, cut out the old padding and cut a new piece of padding to replace it. Then I unfolded the carpet and put it all back. Next was to start painting the ceiling and walls. Just after lunch George and Pat drove into the park and past our house. After doing some more painting Barbara and I went over to George and Pat's house to say hello and see how their trip down had been. While there I helped George unscrew his front door, only person I know who does not lock his door for the summer but screws it shut behind two pieces of plywood. Barbara and I then went for a swim and then we decided to go to Lowe's to get the quart of blue paint for the ceiling, another gallon of white paint and a bathroom scale. Then we went to a Big Apple Pizza for our first Florida pizza. It was OK but not like our La Gondola pizza back in New Jersey.
Day 5:
I got to work painting the walls in the morning and got them all done. Then I painted the ceiling over where the bed will be with the blue paint. After lunch I put a chicken on a can on the grill to cook for dinner. had to cook it early so we could get our afternoon swim in. While the chicken cooked I went back into the bedroom to put some clouds on my blue ceiling. It was very simple I took a plastic bag and crumpled it up and dipped it into the white paint and then after blotting it on a wet rag I dabbed on white puffy clouds onto my blue ceiling. I think it turned out real well. After taking the chicken off the grill I went back into the bedroom to work on the space where the drawers where under the closet. First I unscrewed the last drawer and pulled it out, it was the worst one. Then I measured and cut the wainscoting we had bought so long ago (or so it seemed). When i had cut the last piece and I still had 4 inches to cover. I thought I was going to have to go and buy another pack of wainscoting to cover it and Barbara said just cut a piece of luan and paint it white so that is what I did. When I am done you should not see any difference. Tomorrow I have to get up early and finish painting, the white part of the ceiling needs a second coat as does the wall patch. Then I have to put the bed frame back together and wait for our new bed to be delivered.